Getting your ChexSystems consumer disclosure report is a simple and straightforward process that does not require you to pay a fee. You are also entitled to a free copy of your ChexSystems report, at your request, once every 12 months, under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA). Your report is sent via USPS free of charge.
ChexSystems Report – What's in it?
Any ChexSystems report will always contain several items and a variety of information about you that will help a ChexSystems affiliated bank to determine if you are ‘qualified’ to have a bank account. These include;
- If you have had an account that has been closed by a bank
- If your outstanding debts to that bank have been paid
- Your social security number and whether it is valid
- Your driver’s license and whether it is valid
- A list of banks that you owe money to
Along with this information a ChexSystems report will also tell exactly what you did to have the bank close your account(s). These include;
- Multiple overdrafts within a specific period of time
- Savings account abuse or fraud
- Checking account abuse or fraud
- ATM abuse or fraud
- Whether you have a check(s) outstanding with SCAN
- How many accounts you’ve applied for in the last 90 days
- How many checks you’ve ordered in the last 3 years
- How & Where To Get Your ChexSystems Report
The ChexSystems report can be obtained by visiting their website and filling out a web form and submitting it on the website. Alternatively you can use the following methods:
Call 1-800-428-9623 and provide information to a voice messaging system.
Print and fill in an order form and mail to:
Attn: Consumer Relations
7805 Hudson Road Suite 100
Woodbury MN 55125
Print and fill an order form and fax to Consumer Relations at 1-602-659-2197.
Free ChexSystems Removal Guide
Get all of this information and more in our comprehensive and ChexSystems Removal Guide which includes the exact documents and easy-to-follow instructions that will help you to get off ChexSystems so you can start banking again.